My name is Debbie Brown and I am the examinations manager for Solihull Sixth Form College. The examinations office can be found on the ground floor of the Hampton building inbetween reception and the refectory. Room no H223
Meet the Team
Examinations Manager – Debbie Brown
Deputy Examinations – Siobhan Burke
Examination Assistants – Jane Morris, Ursula Smith, Suki Bhangal
The Exams team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or
0121 704 2581.
The College has a dedicated Exams Office, with staff who ensure examinations are efficiently organised and exam results are promptly delivered to students. They are also on hand to help students with any queries they may have about exams and to organise copies of exam scripts and re-takes if necessary.
POST RESULT SERVICES For Exams sat in Summer 2023
From Results Day (17 August), you may wish to apply for review of marking or order your script from the Awarding Organisation. It is advisable to speak with a Senior Member of staff to help you make a decision as to whether you would benefit from a review of marking.
There are two ways to apply and pay for this service.
- Follow the link below, complete the form and then follow the payment link (you do not need a parent pay login).
- Visit the Exams Office and complete the PRS form and pay via credit/debit card (use the ParentPay link below). Please be aware of the deadlines when placing your order.
If you need any advice or have a query regarding the above information, please do not hesitate to contact the exams office on 0121 704 2581 and speak to a member of the exam team.
The deadlines and costs are detailed below:
- Priority Review of Marking – 1:00pm 24 August – £65.
- Priority Access to Scripts – 1:00pm 31 August – All priority script orders are FOC
- Clerical Check- 1:00pm 28 September – £10
- Non-Priority Review of Marking – 1:00pm 28 September – £55
- Original copy of Script – 1:00pm 28 September All original script orders are FOC
If you’ve completed your studies and require your certificates, visit the ParentPay website and pay £3.50 via card payment and the exams office will post your certificates by first class recorded delivery.
To collect your certificates, you must make an appointment with the Exam’s office. Any queries regarding obtaining your certificates, you can either telephone 0121 704 2581 Ext 5 or email the Exams Office.
Please note that we only hold certificates for up to 5 years from the year you completed your studies.
External Candidate Re-sit Exam Entry Criteria for 2024
External candidates wishing to re-sit, will need to seek approval of a member of our Senior Leadership Team (SLT). They are only permitted to re-sit a subject which they sat in Summer 2023 and they have previously studied at this College. They must also qualify under the following circumstances:
- Exemplary student record
- Over 90% attendance whilst on previous course
- Missed a University place
- Not allowed to re-sit coursework units
Once they have spoken with a member of SLT, they can apply to the Exams Office for an External Candidate re-sit form. They must email email@example.com on or after 31 October 2023 and the deadline for re-sit entry to be made is 31 January 2024.
In the unfortunate event that exam certificates are lost, students will need to apply directly to the Awarding Bodies for replacement statement of results at a cost of approximately £40. Listed below are the direct links to Awarding Body Websites.